SAFFORD — The United Way of Graham and Greenlee Counties is putting its money where its mouth is when it comes to helping during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The local United Way has distributed more than $240,000 to local groups to help serve their populations during the pandemic.
● Graham County Health Department — $140,000 for 8,000 COVID-19 rapid test kits.
● Greenlee County Health Department — $65,000 for 4,000 COVID-19 rapid test kits.
● Safford Downtown Association — $17,000 for the Invest in Safford Gift Certificate Program.
● Duncan Unified School — $15,000 for technology for students who do not have a computer or internet access at home, so the students may complete their school work.
● St. Vincent de Paul — $6,000 to assist with increased demand at the food bank.