SAFFORD — A Gila Valley tradition returns the day after Thanksgiving.
The Safford Downtown Association presents the 21st annual Freeport-McMoRan Tree Lighting and Ponderosa Air Ambulance Merry Main Street on Friday, Nov. 25, on Safford’s Main Street starting at 5:30 p.m.
There will be mountains of snow on the lawn in front of Safford City Hall; and Main Street will be filled with food vendors, games and activities for the whole family to enjoy, including:
● The North Pole Ride sponsored by Dairy Queen
● Merry Main Moments sponsored by DRG Technologies
● Sugar & Spice Bounce House sponsored by Ginaveve’s Marketplace
● S’mores sponsored by Copper & Cotton Lifestyle Co.
● Cake Walk sponsored by Safford Dance
● Mrs. Claus Cookie Decorating, Letters to Santa and Kids Crafts sponsored by Gila All-Star Cheer
● Face Painting sponsored by Kimball Midwest
● Christmas Bounce House sponsored by Tierra Antigua
● Reindeer Ultimate Climb sponsored by Valley Telecom Group
● 3-in-1 Obstacle Course sponsored by The Wear
● Kiddies Korral sponsored by Swire Coca-Cola
There will be prizes for the following contests:
● Ugly Sweater Contest sponsored by Roycycled Treasures
● Pie Eating Contest sponsored by the GFWC Woman’s Club and the Rustic Barn Bakery
● Cornhole Skills Contest sponsored by the Graham County Chamber of Commerce
● Gingerbread House Contest sponsored by Keyhole Properties, the Venue and the Vignette on Main
● Coloring Contest sponsored by the Boys & Girls Club of the Gila Valley
Live music and karaoke will take place on the Kempton Chevrolet Stage, and banners are provided by CMI Quick Copy.
Following the tree lighting and performances by local choirs, Santa Claus is expected to make an appearance to talk with the boys and girls. And the popular scavenger hunt will get underway.
Activities and contests are free to enter.
Sponsors include SunZia, CMI, Pattern, The Graham County Chamber of Commerce, the City of Safford and the Safford Downtown Association.