THATCHER – Eastern Arizona College announced Friday that all commencement exercises for the 2019-20 graduating class have been cancelled due to the COVID-29 pandemic.
“We regret that the Class of 2020 will not enjoy a traditional celebration with their classmates,” EAC President Todd Haynie said. “We know how disappointing this decision will be to so many, but feel it is the responsible thing to do at this time. Our team is looking at alternate ways to celebrate our graduates’ achievements.”
EAC courses will move to remote learning when school resumes Monday, March 30. Instructors will directly contact students to discuss how to make this successful for everyone.
EAC encourages students, faculty, and staff to follow the following guidelines:
· If students are home for spring break, they are encouraged to stay home. They should be prepared to start online learning from their permanent residences on March 30.
· If students live on-campus, but are not on campus at this point, they are encouraged to not return to campus to collect their belongings until April 2. Their belongings are secure.
· If students must remain on EAC’s campus in on-campus housing, they are to contact the Housing Office at 928-428-8605.
· If any student, faculty, or staff member has experienced any COVID-19 symptoms, they are encouraged to not come to campus and contact their healthcare provider.
· If any student, faculty, or staff member has traveled to another country or state during spring break, self-quarantine is recommended for at least 14-days when they return.
· Supervisors will coordinate flexible schedules when employees begin work on March 23.
EAC Student Services Building will be closed to the public,
but staff will still be available to help. The public is encouraged to use the
following contact information:
· Admissions – 928-428-8332, firstname.lastname@example.org
· Housing – 928-428-8605, email@example.com
· Counseling – 928-428-8425, firstname.lastname@example.org
· Police Department – Emergencies: 9-1-1; Non-emergencies: 928-428-8240
· Financial Aid – 928-428-8287, email@example.com
· Registration – 928- 428-8270, firstname.lastname@example.org
· Fiscal Control – 928-428-8221, email@example.com