SAFFORD — About 29,000 units of red blood cells, 6,500 units of plasma and 5,000 units of platelets are needed every day in the United States.
Gila Valley residents have plenty of chances to help keep supplies full over the next few weeks.
There are six opportunities to donate blood through May and June, including:
● May 11, 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., at the Quality Inn & Suites in Safford
● May 12, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., at the Safford Public Works conference room
● June 1, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Eastern Arizona College Activities Center
● June 8, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., GFWC Women’s Club of Safford
● June 15, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., Mt. Graham Regional Medical Center
● June 16, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., DRG Technologies in Safford
Pre-registration is not required but is strongly recommended due to increased demand to donate. To pre-register, go to https://www.redcrossblood.org/give.html/donation-time.