GRAHAM COUNTY — Double R Communications bringing back a pair of holiday favorites.
“We used to do Breakfast with Santa, but we couldn’t do it because of COVID. So we got together with our friends at Mann Mortgage and we came up with this whole Secret Santa thing,” said Reed Richins, owner of Double R Communications.
Operation Secret Santa helps 14 families or individuals who may be struggling this holiday season, with a number of local businesses donating items and services, including:
● $500 Visa gift cards for three families from Mann Mortgage
● A new heating system from Advanced Air Systems
● A set of four tires from Haralson Tire Pros & Auto Service
● $250 gift card to Thriftee from Trek RV & Outdoors
● A $250 gift card to Carter’s Custom Cuts from Maverick Motorsports, and a freezer to store the meat donated by Valley Furniture and Appliance
● A meat box from Carter’s Custom cuts, and a freezer to store the meat donated by Valley Furniture and Appliance
● A $500 gift card to Thriftee from Tyson Richins and Edward Jones Investments
● Up to $400 for utility bills from Country Financial
● Two free pest control services from Hydra Pest Control
● $500 from Keyhole Properties
● Dental cleaning and exam for a family of four from Palmer and Johnson Family Dental
Nominations for those who could use a little help are being accepted at Double R Communications Operation Secret Santa 2022 | GilaValleyCentral.Net through Dec. 17.
Also returning this year is the Country Financial-Graham County Electric Co-op Light Up The Gila Valley Holiday Light Map. Residents anywhere in Graham County may register their home or their neighborhood to be included on the map, giving residents an opportunity to drive by and marvel at lighted and decorated homes.
“We’ll have judges drive out to the houses that are on the map, and we’re giving away 15 $100 Visa gift cards,” Richins said.
To register, go to Light Up the Gila Valley 2022 Holiday Light Map | GilaValleyCentral.Net. Deadline to register is Dec. 15.
The map on Gila Valley Central will be updated as registrations are submitted.