Man overdoses in men’s room

SAFFORD – Around 6:30 pm last Tuesday evening, authorities were dispatched to a local restaurant due to a reported overdose. Officers arrived and made contact with staff and the man on the floor in the men’s restroom. The man had woken but was still lying on the floor while staff kept his airway open. The officer noticed fresh and bleeding tract marks on the man’s arm. A syringe with a small amount of brown colored liquid, recognized to be heroin, was located near the toilet, as well as a a q-tip and a syringe cap. While the man was being treated on scene by Lifeline, dispatch informed the officer that the man was on supervised release.

The man was transported to the hospital. Items collected at the scene were taken to the Safford Police Department and secured in an evidence locker.