With Halloween just around the corner and total Halloween spending expected to reach $8.8 billion this year, the personal-finance website WalletHub has released its 2019’s Best Places for Halloween report.
Gilbert, Arizona came in number 11 on the list but is ranked number 1 in the ‘Trick-or-Treater Friendliness” category. Gilbert’s score for Halloween fun is a dismal 97, and the weather rank is 67.
The city of Chandler ranks number 19 on list and number 8 for “Trick-or-Treater Friendliness. Chandler came in at 44 for weather (as if the weather between Gilbert and Chandler is that different).
Other Arizona cities that ranked in the top 100 include Mesa at number 31, Scottsdale at 57 and Phoenix at 58, and Tucson came in number 73.
- $8.8 Billion: Projected Halloween spending in 2019.
- $3.2 Billion: Halloween costume spending in 2019.
- $2.6 Billion: Halloween candy spending in 2019.
- 36%: Share of parents who think 12 or 13 years old is old enough to trick-or-treat alone.
- 72%: Share of parents who admit to stealing candy from their kids.
- $300+ Million: Annual revenue from ticket sales for haunted attractions, 80% of which are run by charities.