PHOENIX (AP) — Phoenix firefighters have saved a cat but it wasn’t stuck in a tree.
KPNX-TV in Phoenix reports (http://bit.ly/1mbnjqt) that firefighters were called to a home Christmas morning to help free a cat trapped in the chimney.
Adrienne Gill says her daughter, who is visiting from California, brought her new pet cat along.
The feline went missing Thursday and the family went to bed after they were unable to locate it.
Gill’s husband decided to check the chimney the next morning.
The family was shocked and relieved to find the cat.
It took firefighters 20 minutes to get the animal out.
The cat was sooty but uninjured.
The chimney has since been securely boarded up.
Information from: KPNX-TV, http://www.12news.com
Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.