SAFFORD —Just in time for Memorial Day weekend, the National Forest Service announced the re-opening of three camp sites on Mount Graham.
Opening effective Thursday, May 21, will be Arcadia, Riggs Flat and Noon Creek campgrounds. The permanent restrooms at Noon Creek will be open while Arcadia and Riggs Flat will be serviced by portable toilets.
Fire restrictions remain in place in the Coronado National Forest, including prohibitions on:
● Building, maintaining, attending or using a fire, campfire, charcoal coal, or wood stove including fires in developed campgrounds or improved sites
● Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building
● Discharging a firearm except while engaged in a lawful hunt pursuant to state, federal, or tribal laws and regulations
● Operating any internal combustion engine, except operating motorized vehicles on designated roads so long as you park in an area devoid of vegetation within 10 feet of the roadway
● Welding, or operating acetylene or other torches with an open flame
● Using an explosive
For more information, contact the Safford Ranger District at 928-428-4150.