GRAHAM COUNTY — A pair of holiday favorites are returning.
Operation Secret Santa, by Velocity Builders and Double R Communications, helps 14 families or individuals who may be struggling this holiday season, with a number of local businesses donating items and services, including:
● $500 Visa gift cards for three families from Mann Mortgage
● A new heating system from Advanced Air Systems
● A set of four tires from Haralson Tire Pros & Auto Service
● $250 gift card to Thriftee from Trek RV & Outdoors
● A $250 gift card to Carter’s Custom Cuts from Maverick Motorsports, and a freezer to store the meat donated by Valley Furniture and Appliance
● A meat box from Carter’s Custom cuts, and a freezer to store the meat donated by Valley Furniture and Appliance
● A $500 gift card to Thriftee from Tyson Richins and Edward Jones Investments
● Up to $500 for utility bills from Ice King
● A year’s worth of pest control services from Premium Pest Management LLC
● $500 from Keyhole Properties
● Dental cleaning and exam for a family of four from Palmer and Johnson Family Dental
Nominations for those who could use a little help are being accepted at Double R Communications/Velocity Builders Operation Secret Santa 2023 | GilaValleyCentral.Net through Dec. 19.
Also returning this year is the Graham County Electric Co-op, Ice King, Double R Communications Light Up The Gila Valley Holiday Light Map.
Residents anywhere in Graham County may register their home or their neighborhood to be included on the map, giving residents an opportunity to drive by and marvel at lighted and decorated homes.
Plus those judged the winning homes will be presented with a $100 gift card each.
“We have $1,000 we’re giving away, to 10 different families that have decorated their homes. And all you have to do is register your home,” said Reed Richins, owner of Double R Communications.
To register, go to Light Up the Gila Valley 2023 Holiday Light Map | GilaValleyCentral.Net. Deadline to register is Dec. 15.
The map on Gila Valley Central will be updated as registrations are submitted.