TUCSON, AZ – Seasonal openings and closures of some recreation areas on Coronado National Forest are being implemented. Seasonal changes include the following:
Douglas Ranger District (520) 364-3468
- Rustler Park Campground closes with the first snowfall and reopens April 1, 2020.
- Idlewilde Campground is closed October 1, 2019 and reopens April 1, 2020.
- Cochise Stronghold Campground is open and closes June 1 through September 1, 2020.
Nogales Ranger District (520) 281-2296
- All recreation areas remain open through the winter. Weather conditions may warrant temporary closures.
Sierra Vista Ranger District (520) 378-0311
- Ramsey Vista Campground – please call for information.
- Reef Townsite Campground – please call for information.
- Reef Townsite Group Site – please call for information.
Safford Ranger District (928) 428-4150
- The upper portion of State Highway 366, also known as Swift Trail, will be closed to motor vehicles for the winter Nov.15, 2019 through April 15, 2020. Winter weather and snow may extend the closure, which will be approximately one-half mile beyond Shannon Campground at the end of the pavement. Hikers, cross-country skiers and other non-motorized users may continue beyond the locked gate to engage in recreational activities.
- Snow Flat Campground will be closed to motorized vehicles Nov. 15, 2019 through April 15, 2020.
- Lower portions of Swift Trail may be temporarily closed during snow plowing operations.
Santa Catalina Ranger District (520) 749-8700
- Molino Basin and Gordon Hirabayashi campgrounds open Nov. 1, 2019 and close May 1, 2020.
- Gates will be locked for the winter to Bear Wallow Road, Bigelow Road, Incinerator Ridge Road, Marshall Gulch Picnic Area, Oracle Control Road, Organization Ridge Road and the Road to Mt. Lemmon Recreation Site/Summit Trailheads. Roads are expected to reopen March 1, 2020 if conditions are favorable.
- RRM sites
o Whitetail Group Use Campground closes October 26, 2019 and reopens April 12.
o Showers Point Group Use Campground closes October 26, 2019 and reopens April 12.
o Rose Canyon Campground closes October 26, 2019 and reopens April 12.
o Spencer Canyon Campground closes October 15.