Candidate packets for School District Governing Boards are now available. Candidate packets may be picked up in the Graham County School Superintendent’s Office at 921 Thatcher Blvd. Safford, Arizona. The office is open Monday – Thursday 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Candidates may file their non-partisan nomination paperwork beginning June 8, 2020. The deadline for filing their nomination paperwork is July 6, 2020 by 6:00 p.m. for the November 3, 2020 General Election. All school district governing board nomination paperwork must be filed in the Graham County School Superintendent’s Office. All other special district nomination packets such as the Eastern Arizona College District Governing Board, fire districts, hospital districts, etc. are available in the Graham County Board of Supervisor’s Office.
The following seats expire on December 31, 2020:
All terms are for four years unless otherwise noted.
- Bonita School District #16: One seat
- Ft. Thomas Unified School District #7: Three seats
- Gila Institute for Technology #2 (GIFT): Three seats – Safford, Solomon*, Thatcher. *The Solomon GIFT seat is a two-year term.
- Klondyke School District #9: Two seats
- Pima Unified School District #6: Three seats
- Safford Unified School District #1: Three seats
- Solomon School District #5: Two seats
- Thatcher Unified School District #4: Three seats
The last day to register to vote in the General Election is October 5, 2020. The General Election will take place on November 3, 2020.
For more information, contact the Graham County School Superintendent’s Office at 928-428-2880.