THATCHER — Over the past 12 months, mothers have had to serve as teachers and school counselors, as doctors and nurses, and as entertainment directors as well as disciplinarians.
Double R Communications and nearly 20 area businesses are saying thank you to Gila Valley moms with a give-away with more than $5,000 in prizes.
“Moms just went above and beyond this year,” said Double R Communications’ Stephanie Rae. “So this year, we decided — Kat Kountry, Sunny 102, KATO and GilaValleyCentral.net — that we were going to put on the biggest and best Mother’s Day give-away ever.”
● A Speed Queen washer/dryer valued at $2,000 from Valley Furniture
● An Eco Water System water softener valued at $1,500 from 5 Star Home Center
● A Swiss-made stainless steel ladies watch encrusted with a 1.3-carot diamond valued at $1,200 from Clonts Jewelry
● A $1,000 gift card from Mann Mortgage
● A $500 gift card to Enchanted Boutique from KeyHole Properties
● A $100 gift card from Copper Steer Steakhouse
● $50 gift certificates from Cakes with TLC, El Charro restaurant, Meg’s Place, Gi’Mees and Onidah Arms
● A $50 gift certificate, a brite bucket, No Man’s Land jerky, air fresheners and a cel phone battery pack from Mack Auto/NAPA Auto Parts
● $25 gift certificates from Kainoa’s and Rustic Lace
● Four rib-eye steaks, seasonings, a pelican cup and a gift card from Carter’s Custom Cuts
● Olive oil, balsamic vinegar and bread mix from Ginaveve’s
● Two rounds of golf from Mt. Graham Golf Club
● Two queen Tempur-Adapt Pro-Lo+ cooling pillows from Sparks Home Store
● Three rosebush plants from Curtis Country Store
● An off-road Vixen hat from UTV Werks.
Nominations for why a mom should win will be accepted at Mother’s Day Nomination | GilaValleyCentral.Net until May 2. Starting May 3, the top five nominations will be published for the public to choose who should be awarded the prizes.
The winner will be announced May 7, just in time for Mother’s Day.