There are MANY things a church can do to protect churchgoers—shooting back is an absolute last resort.
First Baptist Church of Safford is a hosting a training seminar on church security on January 23, 2020. The training will be provided by Landmark Insurance Associates; a company that insures several churches in Graham County. The cost for the seminar is $15 per person. Pizza will be served at 6:00 p.m. and the seminar will begin at 6:30 p.m.
The community seminar is called “Resisting Evil: Church Security and Training.”
- Learn how to assess your exposures to violence.
- Learn how to set a guard to better handle a threat before it reaches the congregation.
- Learn principles of de-escalation.
- Learn about response options if a violent event occurs in your congregation.
- Learn from local law enforcement about what to expect from a violent event.
- Learn from paramedics about how to help people survive a violent event.
This workshop will include handouts for each person to start a conversation in their own churches or to improve what they might already be doing. This will point you in the right direction when discussing ideas like creating a team with principles to do it properly. Local Law Enforcement agencies and EMS are invited to participate as well as other existing church teams so the community can work together to coordinate and network their knowledge & resources.
To register for the seminar at: https://landmarklink.com/e6-training/resisting-evil-workshop/