With National Nurses Week kicking off May 6, and nurses continuing to serve on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2022’s Best & Worst States for Nurses, as well as accompanying videos and expert commentary.
In order to help new nursing graduates find the best markets for their profession, WalletHub compared the relative attractiveness of the 50 states across 21 key metrics. The data set ranges from monthly average starting salary for nurses to health-care facilities per capita to nursing-job openings per capita.
The Nursing Market in Arizona (1=Best; 25=Avg.):
- 6th – Monthly Avg. Starting Salary for Nurses (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 3rd – Nurses per Capita
- 14th – Projected Share of Elderly Population by 2030
- 21st – Average Annual Salary for Nurses (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 13th – Share of Best Nursing Homes
- 2nd – Projected Competition by 2028
- 30th – Percentage of Residents 12+ Who Are Fully Vaccinated
For the full report, please visit: