With summer comes the inevitable reports of drowning. Arizona children ages 1 – 4 years are drowning at nearly double the national rate? Here are some simple reminders for parents to stay safe this summer:
· Find local swim classes and teach your children basic water safety
· Make sure pools have a fence with a locked gate
· Avoid distractions like cell phones when supervising children near water
· Learn CPR. Find a local class at http://www.redcross.org/
· Make sure to empty buckets or other large containers when they are not being used and never walk away from infants or toddlers while they are in the bathtub.