A class this fall at EAC will take you through the entire process of creating and hosting a podcast. The class will teach you how to plan, implement and sustain a professional podcast.
Students will create a podcast from start to finish. The course will focus on fundamental audio recording and editing techniques, microphones, the recording environment and vocal techniques.
Students may create and launch a podcast either individually or as a group.
The class will break down the process into 18 steps:
- What is the purpose of the podcast?
- Who is your podcast for?
- Why should they listen?
- Naming your podcast
- How long should an episode be?
- How often should I release an episode?
- Choosing good episode titles
- Choosing a podcast format
- Recording equipment
- Recording & editing software
- Scripting your show
- How to talk into a mic
- Recording remote guests or co-hosts
- Editing your podcast
- Music for your podcast
- Creating podcast cover art
- How to publish your podcast
- Next steps after you launch
MDC162 – “Recording Techniques for Voice Acting” meets Thursday evenings from 6-=9p.m., in ITB-116.
Sign up for the class at www.eac.edu
GIFT will cover the cost of the class for any high school Sophomore, Junior or Senior who want to take the class.